<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Threads Of Being

Of the Heart and of the Mind. Three point one four one five nine.


Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Dear Diary... 

So I started a Dream Diary this morning. Although, lol, it's just a book sized brown paper bag so far! For some reason yesterday I *really* had the desire to start one. I was thinking of walking up to that bookstore again, the one I went to on Sunday and got the "Magician's Companion" and that intro book on Cryptology, and seeing if there was a nice empty book I could buy to make my Dream Diary. But I didn't go for two reasons. One, I think I remember them only having those leather bound ones that every store has with the pretty imprint designs on them that are always so expensive. Plus, I really don't want a leather bound book, not fond of leather. Two, I'm pretty notorious with myself for getting gung-ho about something and starting it and then dropping it pretty quickly for the next "Oo! Oo!" idea I get. So I figure getting a cool book to be my dream diary will be only if I keep up with this for more than at least a couple nights. Of course, the problem is that brown paper bag is pretty marked up now, lol, not much room left. So I'm at least going to have to get a plain pad of paper to keep by my bedside.

This morning I spent nearly ten minutes, first just holding as as fast as I could to the dream right after I woke up (which included turning off the alarm clock as fast as possible as I realized the song was taking my attention away from what I had dreamed and I was gonna loose those memories if I didn't concentrate on catching them), by quickly going through in my mind what I had dream, just the highlights really. Then I started writing quickly so as not to loose the details behind those highlights I managed to remember right after I woke up.

Interestingly enough - I had to start with the last part(s) of my dream, the most recent one, but that helped lead me back to what came before, kindof like when you backtrace how you got to a certain point in a conversation - the more I wrote, the more I ended up remembering! Even as I went backwards, I could barely remember anything about the earlier part of my dream, but as I worked back to it more and more came back.

I probably dreamed a lot more before just what I ended up remembering to write down. But this Diary experiment should help me get better with holding on to those, especially if I write them down when I wake up in the middle of the might before I go back to sleep! Lol.

I'm hoping this will help me dream more/remember better, with the specific end goal (what I REALLY want) of being able to Lucid dream again.

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?